Known for top quality and ease of use, Breville offers some fantastic options when it comes to espresso machines. From affordable entry-level machines to top-of-the-line semi-automatic brewers, Breville offers something for every taste and budget. I’ve rounded up the brand’s top three espresso machines to help you find the right model for your needs.
The BES870XL Barista Express is one of Breville’s most popular espresso machines, and it’s priced right in the upper mid-range. I’ve had the pleasure of testing this model, and it brews a great cup of espresso.
Here’s what the BES870XL has to offer:
- 15 bar pump pressure.
- removable water tank.
- Stainless steel burr grinder built-in.
- 1/2lb. sealed bean hopper.
- Convenient cleaning cycle and cleaning kit.
The Barista Express offers a virtually hands-free brew with a built-in grinder for the freshest espresso. Programmable options for filter size, number of cups, and grind size are included for a truly personalized brew. Did I mention it comes with a swivel steam wand? Now you can whip up lattes and cappuccinos like a true barista.
This espresso machine offers luxury coffee brewing at a mid-range price.
Looking for the best-of-the-best? The BES900XL is, hands-down, the best espresso machine Breville has to offer. And it comes with some truly great features that ensure you brew the best possible espresso every time.
- Over-Pressure Valve puts a limit on extraction pressure.
- Two stainless steel boilers and Italian pumps for simultaneous steaming and espresso extraction.
- PID temperature control to ensure the water is always the optimal brewing temperature.
- Programmable shot volume, temperature, pre-infusion length and automatic start time.
- LCD displays shot clock, current time and brew temperature.
- 84 oz. removable water tank.
- Instant hot water to warm cups or brew Americanos.
The BES900XL is semi-automatic espresso brewing at its finest. It’s a bit pricier than the previous model, but it’s hard to beat the quality and performance of this espresso machine.
If you’re on a tighter budget, the 800ESXL is a smart choice. This espresso machine is priced at just under $300, and it brews a fantastic espresso.
The 800ESXL offers:
- 15-bar triple prime pump.
- ThermoBlock heating system.
- Swivel steam wand and frother.
- removable water tank.
- Frothing pitcher, filters, cleaning tool and tamping tool included.
The 800ESXL is a smart option for anyone who’s newer to brewing espresso or looking for a budget-friendly machine. It’s easy to use, and its design is similar to the BES870XL Barista Express. It doesn’t come with a built-in grinder, but brews up the perfect shot of espresso. And with the frother, you can make cappuccinos and lattes with ease.
All of Breville’s espresso machines feature stainless steel housing, and any parts that come in contact with the coffee or water are always BPA-free. The BES870XL and 800ESXL are great options for coffee lovers with a modest budget. But if you’re looking to invest in a truly exceptional espresso machine, I’d recommend the Breville BES900XL semi-automatic machine.